...or maybe it's my inability to sleep?
This is just I. || Things I find interesting, things I do, things I read, things I eat, things I hate, things that go bump in the night, things with stars, things with no stars upon thars. || It's a crafty, full, soapy box; and I'm wearing handmade, slippery socks.

2.04.2011

Sylvia Before Suicide brooch | $8

$8.00
Handmade by Leah Angstman

Compared with me, a tree is immortal
And a flower-head not tall, but more startling,
And I want the one's longevity and the other's daring.
--Sylvia Plath, from "I Am Vertical"


The "Sylvia Before Suicide" is a one-of-a-kind handmade brooch by Leah Angstman, inspired by the poem, "I Am Vertical," by Sylvia Plath. 








The brooch is made from green and pink bits of fabric depicting the 1930's American East Coast (Sylvia was born in Boston, in 1932), a pink plastic flower embellishment, bits of green and pink felt, and a hand-crocheted warm cream-colored floral centerpiece.  

The entire piece is 3 1/2" W x 2 3/4" H x 1/2" D, held together with a brad, a backpin, and fabric glue.  Behind the fabric is a piece of green felt for sturdiness to hold all the fabric together; all of the edges have been protected with a fray-stopper; and the fabric has been sprayed with a stiffener to keep its shape.  Lovingly handmade while listening to Bjork and eating CornNuts, and may possibly come with some complimentary cat hair for artistic flair.

There is only one.  Don't you think it should be yours?

$8 (+$3 US shipping; $5 out-of-US shipping)

Paypal to alt[dot]current[at]gmail[dot]com,

or send cash, check, MO made out to Angstman Arts to Alternating Current, PO Box 183, Palo Alto CA 94302 USA.

No comments:

Post a Comment