...or maybe it's my inability to sleep?
This is just I. || Things I find interesting, things I do, things I read, things I eat, things I hate, things that go bump in the night, things with stars, things with no stars upon thars. || It's a crafty, full, soapy box; and I'm wearing handmade, slippery socks.

2.14.2011

I asked my friends what poems they liked... (and of course, a few that I like...)

Hymn of Breaking Strain by Rudyard Kipling

The Waste Land by T. S. Eliot

Howl by Allen Ginsberg

Annabel Lee by Edgar Allan Poe

Daddy by Sylvia Plath

Skunk Hour by Robert Lowell

The Emperor of Ice-Cream by Wallace Stevens

The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock by T. S. Eliot

One Art by Elizabeth Bishop

in Just by e. e. cummings

Strawberries by Edwin Morgan

somewhere i have never traveled, gladly beyond by e. e. cummings

Humanity i love you by e. e. cummings

Dulce et Decorum Est by Wilfred Owen

Home Burial by Robert Frost

Neutral Tones by Thomas Hardy

The Perfect High by Shel Silverstein

Marriage by Gregory Corso

Death Wants More Death by Charles Bukowski

Full Moon by Robert Hayden

Full Moon and You're Not Here by Sandra Cisneros

The Fury of Sunsets by Anne Sexton

Street corner college by Kenneth Patchen

The Tragedy of the Leaves by Charles Bukowski

Calling the Rain Spirit by Red Hawk

Harlem by Langston Hughes

Lament for my Cock by Jim Morrison

The Raven by Edgar Allan Poe

The Sleepers by Walt Whitman

Canto XIII by Ezra Pound

The Fall of Rome by W. H. Auden

Overheard on a Salt Marsh by Harold Monro

Richard Cory by Edwin Arlington Robinson

The Rime of the Ancient Mariner by Samuel Taylor Coleridge

The Gods of the Copybook Headings by Rudyard Kipling

Tactics and Strategies by Mario Benedetti

after the party by Julio Cortazar

The Genius of the Crowd by Charles Bukowski

Lament for Ignacio Sanchez Mejias by Federico Garcia Lorca

Life Chant by Diane diPrima

Rant by Diane diPrima

Factory by Antler

Sleeping in the Forest by Mary Oliver

When You Are Old by W. B. Yeats

Alone by Edgar Allan Poe

A Cradle Song by William Blake

Windchime by Tony Hoagland

Winter Stars by Larry Levis

O Captain!  My Captain!  by Walt Whitman

Fog by Carl Sandburg

Paul Revere's Ride by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Last Night I Drove A Car by Gregory Corso

Ulysses by Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Song of Myself by Walt Whitman

No comments:

Post a Comment